- Engineer and design electrical/electronic hardware for new product development and product enhancements
- Formulate/implement test plans, perform evaluation testing, and analyze results
- Provide ongoing engineering product support
- Initiate and execute productive R&D efforts
- Write product documentation including product design specifications, project logs, test reports, instruction manuals, and design evaluations
- Develop/support electrical and software aspects of equipment and systems used for calibration and testing within the Manufacturing and QA Departments
search by application & industry
- 10-15 years of experience with electro-mechanical applications
- Solid theoretical background
- Experience in the following areas:
- Circuit board design, schematic generation and PCB layout tools (Orcad/Altium)
- Open/Closed loop servo mechanisms, motor design, and inverter development
- Prototyping techniques
- Embedded microcontroller/microprocessor applications in mixed analog and digital real time systems
- Power supply development
- Software development: C, Labview, Visual Studio (C# or Visual Basic)
- Industrial process control
- Ability to multi-task and a desire to work in a “hands-on” environment
- Proven communication skills and professional qualities such as initiative and organization
- Effectiveness in team product development as well as performing assignments individually
- Capable of lifting and moving equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Office environment requiring ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods. Also includes regular exposure to manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and hearing protection
- Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- Use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- Predictable and reliable attendance is required
- Position requires 40 hours/5 days a week
B.S. Electrical Engineering or B.S. Electrical Engineering Technology
- Must be capable of standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs on occasion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment included regular exposure to manufacturing area that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and hearing protection.
Harold Beck & Sons Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer