The Engineering Manager plans, organizes and directs engineering to meet company objectives for design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates:
- Plans and formulates aspects of design and development projects such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be used from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis. Plans documentation system.
- Selects, develops, trains and supervises staff.
- Develops, determines and implements policies, procedures and programs.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new products or improvement for existing ones.
- Working with the manufacturing, operations and quality manager, reviews and monitors quality and process improvements and new product development.
- Directs appropriate support for manufacturing and quality functions within the organization.