- Inspect returned actuators and document repair requirements
- Repair returned actuators to Beck standards
- Carry out service calls, new actuator installations, and routine actuator inspections in customer facilities
- Train to repair and service new products as they are released
search by application & industry
Field Service Engineer
- Ability to read schematics
- Experience troubleshooting, repairing and testing electro-mechanical equipment
- Willingness to travel approximately 2-4 times per month
- Must be willing to drive (rental car provided) or fly to customer facilities on short notice
- Ability to work with customer’s representative in a safe and professional manner
- Ability to follow worksite instructions and procedures
- Complete site specific training requirements in advance or on site as required
- Proficient in general shop mathematics
- Methodical and detail oriented and able to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Predictable and reliable attendance is required
- High School Diploma
- 2 year technical degree in electronics with 10 years of work related experience.
- Must be capable of standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Must be able to climb ladders
- Must be able to work outdoors in cold and warm weather
- Indoor work environment includes regular exposure to manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and hearing protection.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Harold Beck & Sons Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer