General Job Description
Responsible for all Sales related activity in a multi-state territory in TBD. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Grow the revenue from an existing domestic customer base through an established sales process including, but not limited to, targeted sales visits with regular telephone and email contact.
- Expand the customer base through prospect conversion to new end-user. Add prospect candidates through telephone cold calls, customer references and trade shows. Convert prospects through a multi-call sales cycle using actuator demonstration and cost-benefit data to build pro-Beck justification.
- Support customers and prospects through site visits for the purpose of educating plant personnel, reviewing applications, and determining proper sizing and selection of Beck actuators.
- Provide start-up assistance and training to ensure proper installation and operation of Beck actuators.
- Complete a call report for each sales visit with details on progress made, action plans and competitive information/market intelligence gathered.
- Develop a working knowledge of the industries served by Beck, the process applications where Beck actuators are used and why they’re used.
- Perform an annual territory sales forecast and provide regular updates on projects and sales group initiatives.
Educational Requirements Engineering degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years of industrial experience in a technical engineering, applications or sales position is preferred, particularly in process equipment.
- Knowledge of valves and actuators is preferred.
- Experience in the municipal water/wastewater, power generation and the heavy industry markets is preferred.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. The candidate must be able to build relationships and direct conversations to understand and influence buying decisions.
- Must be an internally motivated and driven individual capable of developing, organizing and executing action plans with a limited amount of supervisory intervention.
- Ability and desire to travel 40 – 50% of the time.
- Must have the ability to handle (lift/pull) heavy (120 lbs.) demo cases and climb ladders
- Sales (new order $) Generated
- Number of New End-Users
- Actuators Sold in the Target Markets
- Quantity and Quality of Competitive Market/Pricing Data Gathered
- Ability and desire to travel approximately 40-50% of the time. A willingness to make a few international trips each year is a plus.
- Must have the ability to handle (lift/pull) heavy (100 lbs.) demo cases and climb ladders
Harold Beck & Sons Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer