- Perform a variety of activities in support of the facility including floor scrubbing, restroom / office cleaning, trash removal, yard clean-up, and snow removal.
- Remove and dispose of metal chips from the production equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks on the production equipment such as cleaning the machine, changing the metalworking fluids, and cleaning the sumps and tanks.
- Assist with light maintenance duties such as restocking supplies, changing light bulbs and cleaning roof drains.
- Operate the sump sucker and the recycling system for maintaining the metalworking fluids in the production equipment.
- Assist with cleaning all of the production equipment.
- Perform janitorial tasks as required.
- Utilize fork lifts and scissor lifts to perform maintenance tasks.
- Read and interpret work orders to perform required maintenance tasks.
- Maintain equipment and work areas in a clean, safe, and orderly.
- Perform other general shop duties or assist other departments as business demands require.
- Conduct & document various facility inspections not limited to fire extinguishers, life safety equipment and fork lifts.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on HVAC units within the facility as well as rooftop units.
- Promote a positive, professional atmosphere and support activities that enhance the welfare and morale of Beck employees.
- Promote and ensure a safe working environment by demonstrating consistent adherence to Beck safety policies.
search by application & industry
- 1 – 2 years of Beck maintenance experience or 3 – 4 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience with operating powered industrial trucks helpful.
- Must be able to work with sketches, oral, or written instructions with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Proficient with operating a variety of powered industrial trucks.
- Must have the skills, ability, and desire to serve as a mentor for maintenance personnel as needed.
- Regular attendance and daily punctuality are necessary for performing the job.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Must have proven professional qualities including strong initiative, integrity, and the desire and ability to work effectively as a member of various work teams.
- Possess a working knowledge and the ability to apply the concepts of Lean Manufacturing to achieve continuous production improvements.
- Must be able to speak, write, and read English and interpret documents such as safety guidelines, method sheets, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Work overtime as needed when business demands require.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent is required.
- Must be capable of standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment includes regular exposure to manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety toed shoes, hard hats, hearing protection, and respirators.
Harold Beck & Sons Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer