- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic malfunctions on manual and CNC machining equipment.
- Coordinate and supervise outside technicians that are performing installations, warranty work, or repairs on the production equipment.
- Prepare and set-up production equipment by moving, leveling, and supplying utilities.
- Coordinate and supervise rigging companies that are installing and/or relocating equipment in the facility.
- Complete documentation records for equipment repairs and requisitions for materials and supplies.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Coordinate and execute the preventative maintenance program for the production equipment.
- Set-up and perform ball bar tests to evaluate the condition of the CNC machines and predict potential problems.
- Perform lubrication duties on production equipment.
- Utilize fork lifts and scissor lifts to perform maintenance tasks.
- Perform duties and tasks to maintain the physical plant as required.
- Maintain equipment and work areas in a clean, safe, and orderly.
- Perform other general shop duties or assist other departments as business demands require.
- Promote a positive, professional atmosphere and support activities that enhance the welfare and morale of Beck employees.
- Promote and ensure a safe working environment by demonstrating consistent adherence to Beck safety policies.
search by application & industry
Maintenance Mechanic -Mazak and Okuma experience a PLUS
- 3 – 5 years of experience with demonstrated proficiency in maintaining and repairing Beck production equipment.
- 5 – 10 years CNC machine maintenance experience in a manufacturing facility or as a service engineer for a machine tool company.
- Mazak and Okuma experience a plus.
- Must be able to work independently from prints, schematics, ladder logic diagrams, sketches, oral, or written instructions without supervision or technical guidance.
- Must have the skills, ability, and desire to serve as a mentor for maintenance personnel as needed.
- Regular attendance and daily punctuality are necessary for performing the job.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Must have proven professional qualities including strong initiative, integrity, and the desire and ability to work effectively as a member of various work teams.
- Possess a working knowledge and the ability to apply the concepts of Lean Manufacturing to achieve continuous production improvements.
- Must be able to speak, write, and read English and interpret documents such as safety guidelines, method sheets, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Work overtime as needed when business demands require.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent is required.
- Advanced vocational / technical training in mechanical and/or electrical applications is preferred.
- Proficiency with a variety of powered industrial trucks.
- Must be capable of standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment includes regular exposure to manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection, and respirators.
Harold Beck & Sons Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer