- Responsible for developing and maintaining effective and efficient manufacturing processes to support the Machine Shop and Assembly Shop with machining and assembly of a wide variety of components and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Generate machining programs for CNC machining centers including turning, milling, grinding, and gear shaping.
- Select and specify tooling packages for all machine shop operations.
- Review existing manufacturing processes and develop new manufacturing methods to keep our manufacturing capabilities current and optimized.
- Perform job costing analysis and ensure cost effectiveness of manufacturing.
- Perform time and motion analysis studies.
- Recommend capital equipment and lead a team effort to research, prepare, and present cost / benefit analysis.
- Initiate and lead long term planning for future projects and technologies.
- Mentor Manufacturing Engineering and ship personnel as required.
- Support efforts and projects of peer Manufacturing Engineers as required.
- Work closely with Design Engineering to review new product concepts and designs for manufacturability.
- Troubleshoot production floor issues effectively and timely.
- Provide technical support to outside machining and assembly suppliers as required.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging technologies and manufacturing practices to increase company efficiencies.
- This position will require daily interaction with other departments and outside suppliers in support of operations.
search by application & industry
- 10 to 15 years of relevant experience in a production manufacturing environment.
- In-depth experience designing jigs, fixtures, and tooling using SolidWorks or equivalent 3D modeling CAD software.
- Proficient developing CNC programs using Mastercam or equivalent CAM software.
- Highly experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite to create documentation, spreadsheets, and databases to support Manufacturing operations.
- Proven experience developing machining processes for aluminum and ductile castings and a variety of alloy steels.
- In-depth knowledge of typical inspection gages, CMM’s, and inspection methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing methods, fabrication processes, heat treating, welding, and machine operation.
- Knowledge and experience with Lean Manufacturing principles and SPC concepts.
- Proficient in geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess excellent attention and respect for detail.
- Proven professional qualities including strong initiative, integrity, and the desire / ability to work in a team environment.
- Possess good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Promote a positive, professional atmosphere and support activities that enhance the welfare and morale of Beck employees.
- Promote and ensure a safe working environment by demonstrating consistent adherence to Beck safety policies.
- Predictable and reliable attendance is required
- Four year bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Office environment requiring ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods.
- Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone.
- Use keyboard and read from computer, screen and reports.
- Work environment includes regular exposure to manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and hearing protection.
Harold Beck & Sons Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer