- Responsible for planning and scheduling the manufacturing of components to ensure minimum safety stock levels are maintained and customer shipment needs are met.
- Determine material requirements utilizing MRP data and recommend purchasing or manufacturing of components as necessary.
- Provide assistance with coordinating subcontract work for both assembly and machining.
- Communicate with production departments special order requirements, completion date changes, or schedule updates as necessary.
- Identify and resolve problems with meeting production demands.
- Advise management on problems with work in process, material availability, or other production issues as necessary.
- Recommend and implement changes to planning parameters as necessary to coincide with changing economic conditions, inventory goals, and overall sales demand.
- Complete various planning and vendor reports utilizing Epicor data and Excel spreadsheets.
search by application & industry
- A minimum of 10 years of planning experience utilizing a MRP information system.
- Knowledge and understanding of machining and electronics processes and terminology.
- Basic understanding of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Must possess excellent attention and respect for detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, Outlook) and Windows environment.
- Proven professional qualities including strong initiative, integrity, and the desire / ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Promote a positive, professional atmosphere and support activities that enhance the welfare and morale of Beck employees.
- Promote and ensure a safe working environment by demonstrating consistent adherence to Beck safety policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- Office environment requiring ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods.
- Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone.
- Use keyboard and read from computer, screen and reports
- Work environment includes regular exposure to manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and hearing protection.
Harold Beck & Sons Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer