- Perform mechanical inspections including first piece, in-process and final inspections.
- Perform mechanical and electrical subassembly inspections including first piece, in-process, final inspections.
- Perform incoming inspections including raw material, castings, valves, vendor manufactured and purchased components/subassemblies.
- Final inspection/calibration of finished products.
- Promote a positive, professional atmosphere and support activities that enhance the welfare and morale of Beck employees.
- Promote and ensure a safe working environment by demonstrating consistent adherence to Beck safety policies.
search by application & industry
Quality Assurance Inspector- 1st or 2nd Shift
- 10+ years of related work experience.
- Experience using coordinate measuring machines (CMM’s), optical comparators, height gages, micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, thread and cylindrical pin gages.
- CMM programming experience not required but beneficial.
- Ability to read/interpret mechanical drawings.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to perform basic Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry calculations to solve routine inspection problems.
- Methodical and detail oriented.
- Ability to follow verbal instructions and documented procedures.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize the workload.
- Must have the skills, ability, and desire to train others as requested.
- Regular attendance and daily punctuality are necessary for performing the job.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Must have proven professional qualities including strong initiative, integrity, and the desire and ability to work effectively as a member of various work teams.
- Must be able to speak, write, and read English and interpret documents such as safety guidelines, method sheets, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed when business demands require.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent is required.
- Technical/Associates degree in a related field preferred.
- Must be capable of standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
- Work environment includes regular exposure to manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, hearing protection, and respirators.
Harold Beck & Sons Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer