Company headquarters (Newtown, PA) based position responsible for all Sales related activity in a multi-state territory in the eastern U.S. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Grow the revenue from an existing domestic customer base through an established sales process including, but not limited to, targeted sales visits with regular telephone and email contact
- Expand the customer base through prospect conversion to new end-user. Add prospect candidates through telephone cold calls, customer references and trade shows. Convert prospects through a multi-call sales cycle using actuator demonstration and cost-benefit data to build pro-Beck justification.
- Support customers and prospects through site visits for the purpose of educating plant personnel, reviewing applications, and determining proper sizing and selection of Beck actuators.
- Provide start-up assistance and training to ensure proper installation and operation of Beck actuators.
- Complete a call report for each sales visit with details on progress made, objections identified, action plans and competitive information/market intelligence gathered.
- Develop a working knowledge of the industries served by Beck, the process applications where Beck actuators are used and why they’re used.
- Perform an annual territory sales forecast and provide regular updates on projects and sales group initiatives.
1. Work Experience
• Minimum 20 years industrial experience in a technical engineering, applications or sales position. Of this experience, a minimum 10 years in process equipment and/or instrumentation sales is required.
• Knowledge of actuators, valves and the process industries is required
• Experience with municipal water/wastewater, oil & gas and power generation facilities is preferred.
• Some supervisory experience is preferred
• Demonstrated ability to independently develop new business while also providing guidance to a team as collective group/company objectives are achieved
• Peer and customer accepted excellence in verbal and written communications. The candidate must be able to build relationships and direct conversations to understand and influence buying decisions.
• Must be a self-motivated, self-starter capable of developing, organizing and executing action plans to meet established objectives.
• Ability to travel 40 – 50% of the time.
• Must be able to handle (lift/pull) heavy (100 lbs.) demo cases, climb ladders and occasionally stand for extended periods of time
4. Career Goals
• Must have an interest in progression to a management position (Sales Manager, Director of Sales & Marketing, etc)
• Advancement opportunities would require occasional international travel.
• Sales (new order $) Generated
• Number of New End-Users Converted
• Actuators Sold in Select Target Markets
• Quantity and Quality of Market/Competitive Data Gathered
Engineering degree required. MBA or similar advanced degree preferred