- Perform daily receiving of incoming materials and repairs.
- Package actuators, spare parts, and parts orders for shipment and make carrier arrangements as necessary.
- Provide assistance with constructing skids and crates for finished drive assemblies.
- Coordinate carrier arrangements to meet customer delivery and carrier requests.
- This position will require interaction with other departments and outside carriers in support of operations.
- Previous related shipping/receiving experience of 3 to 5 years
- Previous knowledge and proven skills with fabricating skids and crates
- Ability to work independently and as a team to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to make sound judgments with shipping/receiving related issues
- Basic computer skills, experience in the use of UPS on-line shipping system
- Familiarity with basic packaging techniques and equipment such as pneumatic staplers, nail guns, and pallet trucks.
- Knowledge and skilled with using fork trucks
- Some experience with coordinating carrier arrangements
- Possess excellent attention and respect for detail
- Possess good oral communication skills
- Predictable and reliable attendance is required
- Standing and walking for a majority of the work day
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs on occasion
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
Harold Beck & Sons Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer