BECK CONTROL ELECTRONICS
Group 11 rotary damper drives and actuators offer the benefit of a total control package, utilizing reliable electronics to match the speed and precision of your process instrumentation.
Standard Group 75 modulating drives (control option 9) are equipped with Beck’s Digital Control Module (DCM-3), which controls the position of the drive according to the input signal it receives. A position feedback signal is delivered to the DCM from the position sensing device (Film Potentiometer or Beck’s Contactless Position Sensor).
This signal is continuously compared to the demand input signal. A change in the input signal results in an immediate repositioning of the drive to balance the two signals.
Beck’s DCM-3 provides modulating control of the drive in response to standard control system signals.
Notable features include:
- Convenient user interface for calibration and drive status.
- HART® compatibility.
- Compatible with common asset management systems.
- Receives control signals directly, eliminating the need for contact
protection devices, relays, switches and reversing starters.
- Designed to operate continuously at temperatures from -40º F to 185º F (-40° to 85° C).
- Initiates shaft movement in steps ranging from 0.10% to 0.25% of span, depending on the timing of the gear train.
All Beck drives are set-up and calibrated to the customer specification. No electrical adjustments are required before installation. Additional features available on Beck control electronics:
- Pre-Determined Action Upon Loss of Input Signal
- Stall Protection
- Split Signal Operation for Control of Multiple Drives
- Temperature Sensing with Alarm