Drive Train: Durable
Beck’s durable gear train maintains accurate, consistent control element positioning even under the demanding conditions of an active control loop.
- Gear trains employ a unique, all spur gear construction of heat-treated alloy steels and ductile iron.
- Efficient, wide-face spur gearing virtually eliminates wear-induced backlash and positioning inaccuracies.
- Durable design provides up to 4 days of protection against intermittent or extended accidental stalls.
- Integral self-locking mechanism ensures that drives hold a load with the motor de-energized.
Manual Handwheel: Convenient Manual Control Without Declutch
An easy-to-turn, spoke-free Handwheel is incorporated into the Group 11 design to allow manual operation during installation or power outages.
- Move valves and dampers to any position smoothly and easily without power, even under full load conditions.
- Mechanical stops in housing prevent manual overtravel.
Protection with Convenient
Access to Components
Drive cutaway view displaying
Beck drives feature a cast aluminum body with individual compartments to protect components from moisture and dirt, and allow easy access for installation and calibration.
- Precision-machined aluminum alloy castings with corrosionresistant poly-urethane paint provide a rugged, dust-tight, weatherproof NEMA 4X enclosure.
- Individual compartments protect all major components: Motor, DCM, CPS-2, gear train and installation wiring terminal board.
- Each compartment can be accessed without exposing other components.
Mount in any Orientation for Greater Installation Flexibility
Group 11 Beck drives are designed to be mounted in any convenient position. The no oil bath design eliminates the potential for leaks.
As long as housing compartments remain accessible, there are no mounting orientation limits.