- Responsible for all aspects of Purchasing, Planning, Operations Support, and Stockroom.
- Maintain and implement production planning, purchasing, and scheduling systems to ensure minimum safety stock levels are maintained and customer shipment needs are met.
- Analyze current inventory levels and trends to develop and implement strategies to optimize inventory, ensuring a balance between supply and demand.
- Foster relationships with suppliers to establish strategic partnerships.
- Oversee the processing and approval of accounts payable invoices.
- Support Company projects by participating on cross-functional teams. Ensure that company-wide initiatives, business objectives, and timelines are achieved.
- Promote teamwork, programs, and ideas that improve employee engagement and operational efficiency.
- Foster a culture of innovation, continuous improvement, professional excellence, accountability, and respect through training and mentoring of direct reports.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in a complex production environment.
- High level of proficiency in the implementation and use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Material Requirements Planning (MRP) systems.
- Proven experience in inventory management, with success in implementing and executing effective inventory reduction strategies.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing concepts.
- Thorough understanding of typical material transactions such as kitting, receiving, and cycle counts.
- Knowledge of assembly and manufacturing processes, preferably involving machining operations.
- Understanding of accounts payable invoice processing and approval.
- Highly experienced user of Microsoft Office Suite to create documentation, spreadsheets, and databases to support Manufacturing operations.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess excellent attention and respect for detail.
- Proven professional qualities including strong initiative, integrity, and the desire / ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Promote a positive, professional atmosphere and support activities that enhance the welfare and morale of Beck employees.
- Promote and ensure a safe working environment by demonstrating consistent adherence to Beck safety policies.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or related discipline.
- Office environment requiring ability to stand, sit, and walk for extended periods.
- Work environment includes regular exposure to manufacturing areas that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses and safety shoes.
- Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone.
- Use keyboard and read from computer, screen and reports.
- Ability to travel when required.
Harold Beck & Sons Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer