Working at Harold Beck & Sons – an Industrial Electric Actuator Manufacturer
If you are an experienced technical salesperson looking for a company that values and empowers top performers, consider a career at Beck. Voted one of the Top Places to Work in our region, the tenure of our team members often spans decades. Customers view our commercial team as trusted advisors, driving unmatched loyalty and ongoing professional relationships. We are hiring someone looking for that rare opportunity that utilizes their successful history in similar roles to grow their territory, without micromanagement or a revolving door of frequently changing corporate initiatives.
General Job Description
Responsible for all Sales related activity in a multi-state territory in the Midwest. These responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Grow the revenue from an existing domestic customer base through an established sales process including, but not limited to, targeted sales visits with regular telephone and email contact.
- Expand the customer base through prospect conversion to new end-users. Add prospect candidates through customer references, trade shows, and telephone cold calls. Convert prospects through a multi-call sales cycle using actuator demonstration and cost-benefit data to build pro-Beck justification.
- Support customers and prospects through site visits for the purpose of educating plant personnel, reviewing applications, and determining proper sizing and selection of Beck actuators.
- Provide start-up assistance and training to ensure proper installation and operation of Beck actuators.
- Utilize a working knowledge of the industries served by Beck, the process applications where Beck actuators are used and why they’re used.
- Perform an annual territory sales forecast and provide regular updates on projects and sales group initiatives.
- Complete a call report for each sales visit with details on progress made, action plans and competitive information/market intelligence gathered.
Engineering degree required.